Welcome to Ms Yap-Private Music Classroom@叶老师私人音乐教室

Dear All Students, Parents and Friends:

Welcome to Ms Yap-Private Music Classroom私人音乐教室! This blog is created to share information regarding the music lessons, the music moments, the students and many more!

Thank you and Enjoy Viewing!!

Warmest Regards,
Ms Yap, Violin Teacher/Piano Teacher, Singapore


1. "Only the pure in heart can make good soup"

2. "What you are, you are by accident of birth; what I am, I am by myself. There are and will be a thousand princes; there is only one Beethoven.

By: Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 - 1827)

Monday 25 November 2013

Violin Students - Adult

Ash and Shan (brother and sister), both working adult, have attended violin lessons under my guidance. From a new beginner, without knowing anything about the violin, now their violin playing skills has raised up to Grade 1 within 1.5 months time!

Of course, they have attended music lessons during primary school. Music notes reading are not a barrier for them and they handle it with ease. However, they still need to revise back the theory of music they've learn previously in order to recall back all the memories!


Also, they are planning to go for practical exam in the near future. Hooray to them~~ ^.^




Updates:
Ash just completed Grade 2 ABRSM exam, he has passed with Distinction in Violin performance. Congratulations! Keep up the good work!

21 comments:

  1. How much is the fees for the violin class? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Moe, I've replied you through email. Thanks~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, can I have more information regarding the violin and piano classes? Please and Thanks.

    I can be contacted via email :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cheryl, nice to hear from you! Your profile is not available as it is not share to the public and unable to search for your email!

      Kindly give me a call for Direct discussion ya! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I'm 20 years old. Is it too late for me considering my zero knowledge about the violin? Please email me the detail: sofiaasyikin@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sofiaasyikin, is never too late to learn to play violin! I have students age elder than you, eg. 30+ to 50+. Some started with Zero knowledge and they are preparing to go for exam too!

      As long as you have the interest of playing it, learning it seriously, there will be no such word - "impossible" in your dictionary~ Cheers!^^

      Delete
  5. Hi Ms Yap ,
    Im shona , age 20 currently doing my degree in the govrnmt university near Bandar tasik selatan . I always want to learn violin since i was a kid. especially when see some famous indian violinist like L.subramaniam and ambi subramaniam. My question here is , where is this classes all going on ? Is there anyway i can come and join the classes ,How to get to your place using public transport ?(i don't own car ) .. Starting up with zero , but i have lots of passion in this ..Help me Ms Yap.. I really want to take my first step playing violin. thank you. waiting for your reply.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Ms Yap,

    I am Lee, almost 30 years old. I do not have any knowledge in music and have very short fingers. Is it possible to start learning violin? If it's possibble, may I know the details for starting an individual violin class with music theory? I do not have a violin. My email address is aetroplone@yahoo.com

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lee, can you call me up for details? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Miss Yap,
    I learned violin before and hav stop my lesson for more than a year. I would like to continue my violin and consider to take an exam. I am a working adult, is it possible to arrange a weekend lesson for me n d fee also. I dun really know which grade i m in but i used mazas n practise till no.19.
    Looking forward to ur reply.
    yt_yoh@yahoo.com
    eithneyoh@gmail.com
    Thanks for.ur attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi YT, we can have trial class and let's see your level. Email sent :)

      Delete
  9. Hey, dear, I don't have any knowledge on violin too. However, wishes to learn violin, could you send me the details? I'm currently 24yrs old.
    kylie_chun@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi ms yap.... I have zero knowledge on violin too and interested to learn could u send me the details pls- my email add: jules_anakin81@yahoo.com ...tq in advance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ju already reply you via email.

      Currently I am permanently teaching in Singapore. Thank you. :)

      Delete
  11. Hi Miss Yap, I am a working adult and have some knowledge in music(Grade 8 AMEB Piano). I am looking to take up violin classes. Would you be able to advise me on your fees please? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angelyn, glad to hear that you have musical background. Beginner-Grade 1 fees $150 per month. Thank you.

      Delete
  12. Hi Miss Yap,

    I'm working adult with age 22 and interested to learn violin, but I have zero knowledge on violin. Kindly advise about the fees and maybe you may email me for more details.


    Thanks and regards,
    Yun Keong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward on your reply. (tankeong93@yahoo.com)

      Delete
  13. Hi Yun Keong,

    Is great to hear that you are interested in learning violin. Wondering are you from Malaysia or Singapore? Currently I'm based in sg, fyi. You could give me a call. thank you

    ReplyDelete